Consumer Information & Compliance
Students and prospective students may find the information resources of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) of use in planning for college and careers.
SCHEV has created an institutional profile for each Virginia public college and university, and for each independent college or university participating in the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant Program. Bluefield College’s profile is available at the link below.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008
(HEOA) amends the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA) to revise and reauthorize HEA programs. It was signed into law on August 14, 2008. The Final Rule was published in the Federal Register on October 29, 2009. While many of the provisions took effect immediately, others were subjected to a negotiated rulemaking process. The final regulations became effective on July 1, 2010.
The law includes many disclosure and reporting requirements that a postsecondary educational institution is required to distribute or make available to other parties, such as current or prospective students or families of current or prospective students. To document Bluefield College’s compliance with the HEA/HEOA requirements, Bluefield College has coordinated the collection of this information. We have summarized the requirements below. You may click on the consumer information links below to find the appropriate information pertaining to each requirement. Additional information, including the full text of the Act, may be found on the HEOA page of the U.S. Department of Education’s website.
Please use the links below to be directed to each of the institutional disclosure requirements by subject area.*
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Teacher Preparation Program Report
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)
- Voter Registration Guide
- Safety and Security Guide
General Institutional Information
- Price of Attendance
- Withdrawal Procedure
- Refund Policy and Return of Title IV Funds
- Academic Programs
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Study Abroad
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing)
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Net Price Calculator
- Privacy of Student Records; Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Student Activities
- Career Services
- Preferred Lender Lists
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans