At Bluefield University we are committed to creating an inclusive digital environment, and we want everyone to feel welcome when using our web services.
Our commitment to Accessibility
At Bluefield University, we are dedicated to fostering accessibility across all our digital platforms. We:
- Integrate accessibility into our core internal policies.
- Set clear goals and responsibilities around accessibility.
- Implement robust quality assurance methods to ensure accessibility.
We strive to adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), which lay out essential criteria to enhance accessibility for individuals with disabilities. The WCAG outlines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Our web services are partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. This means that while we are making significant strides, there may be some content that doesn’t fully align with the accessibility standard.
Our web services are designed to work seamlessly with a variety of web browsers and assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer. We rely on the following technologies to maintain compliance with accessibility standards:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
How we assess accessibility
At Bluefield University, we’re proactive in evaluating the accessibility of our web services through:
- Self-evaluation – We regularly review our digital platforms to identify and address accessibility challenges.
- External evaluation – We utilize external assistive technology to monitor and report issues, providing weekly updates to our web services team to address any concerns. These services provide a rigorous assessment for all systems on bluefield.edu to regularly check for barriers to accessibility.
We value your feedback
Your thoughts matter to us! If you come across any accessibility barriers while using our web services, we’re here to listen and address your concerns. Reach out to us through:
- Phone: +1.800.872.0175
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal Address: 3000 College Ave, Bluefield, VA 24605
We aim to respond to your feedback or concerns within 5 business days.
We look forward to making your digital experience with Bluefield University enjoyable and accessible!