The Facts about Bluefield University
It’s a fact! The minute you step on campus, you know there is something special about Bluefield University.
Bluefield University is special. Our service-minded students are the heart and soul of our compassionate campus community. Dedicated faculty offer challenging academic experiences in a committed Christian environment. We’re proud of our critically acclaimed teacher education program and global education opportunities. Graduate programs in education, biomedical sciences, nursing, and business administration offer innovative and rigorous coursework. Students enjoy international and regional tours with music and theater ensembles. Our athletic teams play as champions each time they take the field or the court. The quick facts below offer a glimpse into what makes our Christ-centered University so special. More information resources are available on the website of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
Discover Bluefield, located in the midst of the scenic Appalachian Mountains of Southwestern Virginia.
Choose your major from among our 40+ academic programs offered online and on campus.
Interested in attending Bluefield University? Take the next step.
It’s a Fact:
- Bluefield University was established in 1922 by the Baptist General Association of Virginia who we are still in covenant today.
- Our 1,200 students represent 32 states and 16 countries.
- 99% of our on-campus students receive some form of financial assistance.
- 80% of our on-campus students choose to live on campus.
- Out of our 60 full-time faculty members, 76% are terminally degreed in their field of study providing expertise to students in their area of study.
- We’re proud of our 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio for on-campus classes and our 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio for online classes.
- Bluefield University maintains an “A” grade from the American Council of Trustees and Alumni for our core curriculum and is just one of twenty-three institutions to hold this distinction.
- Bluefield offers 20 NAIA Division 1 athletic teams for men and women competing in the Appalachian Athletic Conference and the Mid-South Conference.
- The Bluefield campus encompasses 82 acres and includes the Bluefield University Cave, a nature trail, and an outfitter for students to borrow outdoor equipment anytime.