Bluefield University COA
To ensure you have a clear understanding of your educational expenses, the Financial Aid Office meticulously prepares a Cost of Attendance (COA) each academic year. This COA represents an estimated overview of what it might cost to attend our institution for one academic year, encompassing the following components:
- Expected direct charges for one year of tuition and fees
- Tuition – Charges assessed for classes
- Fees – Charges assessed for other university services
- Room and board for resident students
- Estimated living expense — allowance for rent, utilities, and food for off-campus living
- Estimated transportation costs
- Estimated books and supplies
- Miscellaneous costs
- Loan fees
* Each institution will differ in what is allowed in their COA.
The Cost-of-Attendance Budget represents the estimated cost of attending Bluefield University for one academic year.
The Tuition, Fees, and Room/Board estimates represent the average amount of charges that will be reflected on your billing statement. There can be differences between your actual charges and these estimates based on fees specific to certain Majors and individual choices of Housing, Meal Plan, and Lab fees required for certain courses. Expenses budgeted into the COA such as Travel, Personal, and Miscellaneous vary by student and will not be included on your billing statement. Loan fees are the average amount of loan fees incurred by all students for Federal Direct Loan funds during the academic year.
Please visit the NASFAA website for a full list of financial aid award letter definitions.