Do you see yourself as a compassionate servant leader who puts others first in the healing process? Are you searching for a Christian University with an online RN-BSN degree program that fits your busy life? The Bluefield University School of Nursing offers you a threefold approach to nursing roles: teaching, servant leadership, and research.
Our online RN-BSN program combines digital classroom instruction in nursing and the liberal arts with local clinical components following the preceptor model in a location near you. It’s a smart choice because you can complete the nursing courses in 12 months, and the tuition rates make it extremely affordable.
Our RN-BSN Degree Fits Your Schedule
Our CCNE-accredited online RN-BSN program reflects a commitment to serving the needs of local communities, especially rural healthcare. The School of Nursing will train you to lead more advanced roles in your chosen healthcare setting. Earning your BSN degree opens up career paths in many nursing areas, including patient education, risk management, and community health.
No matter where your career takes you, earning an RN-BSN degree means you will master the nine essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nurses as outlined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
Take your nursing career to the next level. Apply today to transform your RN degree into a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
The Academic Catalog is the student’s guide to all policies and procedures for Bluefield University.
The Nursing Student Handbook is the students’ guide to successfully completing your program of study.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Bluefield University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Tuition: $395 Per Credit Hour
Next Start: August 17, 2022 (Online)
Time to Complete: 12 months – 4 years*
* Time to complete will vary based on prior learning and transfer credits
Courses & Requirements
General Education (49 Credits)
General Education requirements may be fulfilled in more specific courses for certain majors
- Intro to the Writing Process
- Argumentative & Analytical Writing Literature (3 Credits)
- Biblical Perspectives
- Personal Wellness & Lab
- US or World History (3 Credits)
- Social Science (3 Credits)
- Fine Arts (3 Credits)
- College Algebra (3 Credits)
- Intro to Statistics (3 Credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (8 Credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Microbiology & Lab (4 Credits)
- Elective (3 Credits)
Core Requirements (36 Credits)
- Concepts of Professional Nursing
- Health Tech & Informatics for Professionals
- Health Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Transcultural Nursing
- Nursing Research & Theory
- Nursing Leadership
- Nursing Care of Older Adults
- Women’s Health
- Nursing Care of Communities*
- Evidence-based Complex Nursing Practice*
- Professional Nursing Synthesis/Capstone
* Clinical hours required