Home > ID Services > Photo Submission

Photo Submission

Incoming BU students will have the option to submit/upload their photo for their ID card before arriving on campus. To do this, students must sign in on the Transact eAccounts website, using their Microsoft account they received for email. You will also need a valid government-issued ID when submitting your photo. Below, you will find a list of photo requirements for your ID card as well as a list of frequently asked questions during the submission/upload process.

Photo Requirements

Approved Photos Must Be:

  • Forward, facing the camera
  • Head-shot photo from the shoulders up
  • In front of a solid-colored wall or surface

Photos will be rejected that contain any of the following:

  • Hats, funny faces, or gestures
  • Multiple people other than the student
  • Poor quality/blurry
  • Scenic backgrounds
  • Selfies/Snapchat/Filtered/Face-filtered photos
  • Copyright photos

All photos must adhere to BU’s ID photo regulations. Any photo submitted will be approved/denied as deemed necessary by Campus ID Services. 

If your photo is rejected, you will be notified by email along with the reasoning. We recommend that you try resubmitting another photo. If you have further questions as to why your photo was rejected, please email [email protected] and please include your name, ID#, and the photo you submitted.

Photo Upload is recommended for first-time photos only. If you upload a new photo and it is approved it does not mean you are guaranteed a new card. Unless the card is eligible for a free reprint due to natural wear and tear, ID replacements are subject to a replacement fee.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is my photo denied?

There are a number of reasons why a photo can be denied. Please review the information on this page and follow the rules and regulations as stated. 

Can I upload a photo using a filter?

No. Photos that have been edited or touched up before submitting will be denied. Color filters will also be denied.

Can I have a photo with a group of friends or a scenic background?

No. Photos must be a headshot photo of yourself standing in front of a solid-colored wall.

Can I upload my senior photos or other photos done by professional photographers?

No. Photos need to be taken yourself using your own device. Professional photos from senior photoshoots or other professional photoshoots will be denied. These types of photos come with a trademark and most often belong to the photographer and cannot be reproduced without their permission. 

Can you use my driver's license photo?

No. Any and all photos submitted that belong to the DMV will be denied. 

I already have an ID with a photo on it, but I want to change it. Can I upload a photo?

No. Photo upload is to be used by those who are getting an ID card for the first time. Once a photo has been submitted and a card has been printed, any and all photo changes need to be done in person at Campus ID Services.

I am an online student. Do I get an ID?

Students who attend 100% online, will not receive a BU ID. IDs are only printed for faculty, staff, and students who work/attend on campus.

Do I only apply once?

  • No. Students must apply each academic year for the fall semester and submit the necessary documents.

Do I have to take the classes specified in the Associate's Degree tracks as they are listed on the information sheet?

  • No. Students may take any of the courses that are offered in a given term.

Where do I find the textbook listing, and where do I purchase the books?

  • Log in to myBU, and under the "Student" tab, you will find a list of the textbooks required (if any) for each course. Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.

How long is a semester?

  • Our semesters are divided into two 8-week terms.

Is there an orientation?

  • Yes. Students can attend an orientation session that explains how to access courses, how to register for classes, and answers other questions.

Where can I find a course description?

Does the student need to take the SAT or ACT in order to take Dual Enrollment classes?

  • No. If a student decides to study at BU full time, BU is currently test-optional for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle.

Are the classes live? Do students need to log in and participate at certain times?

  • Classes are offered online, so a student can log-on and study at their convenience and their own pace. Students have assignments due each week; you can complete your assignments at any point in time before the deadline.

Does an Early College student need to come to campus for anything?

  • No. However, we would love to have you visit our campus if you are interested in continuing with traditional on-campus study. Students who complete their associate's degree have the option to walk at our commencement ceremony.

Are Early College students able to receive Financial Aid?

  • No. However, Early College courses are very affordable compared to other options. The cost for an online Dual Enrollment course is $100 per credit hour.

How do transferring credits work?

  • Each College or University completes a transcript review in order to decide which courses transfer. Sticking to general education classes generally makes transferring credits simple. All Early College courses at Bluefield University are general education classes that should transfer to another accredited institution.

Is an Early College student considered, and treated, as a transfer student when they become a full-time college student if they have earned enough credits to be a Junior?

  • No. Since they have not graduated from high school, they are considered a first-time college student regardless of how many credits transfer. However, by transferring credits when they enroll as a full-time student, they will have to take fewer classes to receive their bachelor's degree, which shortens the length of time to earn the degree.

Can I speak to someone if I have more questions?

  • Yes. Please contact the Office of Admissions by email or you can call them at 276.326.4231


Meet our core Counseling faculty

Dr. Challen Mabry

Assistant Professor of Counseling

Dr. Kristen Moran

Associate Professor of Counseling

Brandy Smith

Assistant Professor of Education & Counseling,
Director of the Master of Arts in Counseling Program,
Title IX Confidential Counselor

Our team is here for you! How can we help?

This form requires credentials in order to request information.