4:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Apron and hat will be provided and must be always worn. Wash your hands before starting work.
- Maintain the highest standards in the following areas: (a) quality of food prepared; (b) timeliness of food preparation; (c) presentation of food prepared; (d) garnishing of food.
- Maintain high level of sanitation in kitchen area: (a) grills; (b) fryers; (c) steamer; (d) kettles; (e) ovens; (f) coolers; (g) floors; (h) tables.
- Prep and prepare pizza for the lunch meal.
- Assist in other areas at lunch as time allows or directed by the manager.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds throughout the day.
- Must be able to work on your feet for the entire length of the shift.
- Must be able to work in extreme conditions of hot and cold (coolers, freezers, and hot equipment).
- Must be able to work on potentially hazardous surfaces (i.e., wet floors).
- Work with and around hazardous chemical solutions (cleaning supplies).
- Must be able to read and extend standards recipes.
- 4:00 – 5:00 – Check production sheet to see what pizzas items are served for lunch.
- Make sure the pizza oven and hot wells are turned on and preheated per instructions.
- Gather ingredients to the pizza make table, making sure you have enough ingredients for lunch production. Remember to rotate products for freshness.
- Pizza crust should be slacked and ready to braid by 4:30 pm. Braid edges of pizza per the procedures provided to you.
- Get the first batch of pizza in the oven so it is ready to serve at 5:45 pm.
- Pizza should be cut into 12 slices.
- 5:00 – 7:00 – Pizza is only good when fresh, so be sure to cook progressively throughout the lunch meal.
- When time allows, restock assist lunch cook with prep items
- Interact with your guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Start pre-close at 6:30 pm, but do not breakdown anything until 7:00 pm
- 7:00 – 8:00 – Clean pizza station
- Prep for Sunday dinner
- Wrap and put all pizza ingredients away
- Knowledge in the operation of the following equipment:
- Ovens (Pizza)
- Ability to recognize and maintain the highest standards regarding the appearance and flavor of food served.
- Completion of Pioneer College Caterers Safe Food Handling training.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized working environment.
You will be evaluated on the quality and quantity of food/work produced daily. A policy of clean as you go will be enforced. Worktables, sinks, carts, equipment, and floor must be clean both during and before the end of each shift. All guidelines outlined in your employee handbook must be adhered to. A formal written evaluation will be performed by your supervisor twice each year.
Observing safety rules is an important part of each job in the kitchen. Please observe all safety posters and guidelines. Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are available for all chemicals used in the kitchen. Please familiarize yourself with their location. Safety in the workplace is the responsibility of everyone. Let us all work together to make our kitchen a safe place to work.