11:30am – 2:00pm
Aprons, hats, and a uniform will be provided and must be always worn by all employees. Please wash your hands before starting your job.
- Please remember to be courteous to the students. Keep in mind this is just like any other eating establishment; they pay for your service.
- Always keep the serving line clean and full. Change pans before they are empty. Be sure to inform the cooks any time you take anything out of the warmer. Communication is important to ensure we do not run out of food.
- During slow periods keep the line clean. Replenish trays / silverware / napkins.
- Begin closedown cleaning as soon as possible during the meal.
Post Meal Cleanup
Take hot food to the cooks, clean up the serving line and empty wells. Clean glass and polish all stainless steel. Clean shelves/wipe warmers/polish doors. Clean tray slides and front of serving line. Sweep and mop the floor in your area.
Complete the following checklist before clocking out:
- Hot food put away, warmer emptied
- Clean and refill steam well
- Shelves under serving line clean
- Tray slide/front of serving line is clean
- Clean glass
- Warmers cleaned and polished
- Polish all stainless steel
- Sweep and spot mop
- Walls are cleaned
- All chemicals properly stored
- Please check with the manager before clocking out.
- Knowledge in the operation of the following equipment:
- Chemical Dispensing
- Ability to recognize and maintain the highest standards regarding the appearance and flavor of food served.
- Completion of Pioneer College Caterers Sanitation Training Program (ServSafe).
- Maintain a clean and well-organized working environment.
You will be evaluated on the quality and quantity of food/work produced daily. A policy of clean as you go will be enforced. Worktables, sinks, carts, equipment, and floor must be clean both during and before the end of each shift. All guidelines outlined in your employee handbook must be adhered to. A formal written evaluation will be performed by your supervisor twice each year.
Observing safety rules is an important part of each job in the kitchen. Please observe all safety posters and guidelines. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available for all chemicals used in the kitchen. Please familiarize yourself with their location. Safety in the workplace is the responsibility of everyone. Let us all work together to make our kitchen a safe place to work.