Educational Leadership (MAEL) Program Overview
Includes licensure in Administration & Supervision PreK-12
Are you ready to become a leader in the field of education? The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (MAEL) will help you prepare for a school-based or district-level leadership role. The MAEL program includes licensure in Administration and Supervision PreK-12 and incorporates the Professional Standards for Educational Leadership while preparing you to take the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA).
An Online Educational Leadership Degree
Your program begins with an introduction to school administration, followed by courses in school law, assessment and evaluation, and trauma-informed leadership. You will learn innovative practices from course topics like social-emotional learning and inclusion, equity, and engagement in the school and community. The program provides many opportunities to practice leadership through 120 hours of field-based activities and 200 hours of structured internships.
With your MAEL degree, you will have the skills to provide educational leadership, whether in rural or urban communities or public, private, or virtual schools. Perhaps, your dream is curriculum development, consulting, or working in the areas of non-profit leadership and advocacy. Earning the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership from Bluefield University allows you to chart your path to a career in educational leadership.
The Graduate Academic Catalog is the student guide to all policies and procedures for Bluefield University.
Tuition: $475 Per Credit Hour
Next Start: June 28, 2023 (Online)
Time to Complete: 18 months
Courses & Requirements
Core Requirements (36 Credits)
- Introduction to the Principalship and Fiscal Leadership
- Social-Emotional Learning in the Restorative Classroom
- School Law & Ethical Practices
- Equity, Leadership, & Engagement in the School & Community
- Assessment & Evaluation for Student Growth
- Theories of Educational Leadership
- Leading Trauma-Sensitive Schools
- Foundations of Special Education
- Education & Society
- Understanding the Implementation of Curriculum
- Internship & Action Research for Leadership I
- Internship & Action Research for Leadership II
License assessments required by the Commonwealth of Virginia must be passed prior to applying for Virginia licensure.