M.A. in Biomedical Sciences Admission Requirements
Applicants for admission must meet the following requirements prior to entry into the Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences program.
- Earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- The following undergraduate courses must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to matriculation:
- Biological Sciences – One year with laboratory
- Physics – One year
- General or Inorganic Chemistry – One year
- Organic Chemistry – One year
- English – One year
(Laboratories for Physics, General or Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry are strongly encouraged for all applicants.)
- Minimum GPA required:
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- Science GPA of 3.0
- While the MCAT is required to obtain admission to medical school, it is not required for admission to the Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences program; however, students who enter the program having already obtained an MCAT score of 496 or higher have an advantage in that they have already met the MCAT component of the benchmarks and can therefore focus solely on their coursework.
- All students are required to meet the Bluefield University Technical Standards for Admission and Continued Enrollment found in the MABS Student Handbook.
Note: Many criteria beyond GPA play a role in the admissions process to this program, and acceptance into the program is competitive. While the Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences program provides an opportunity for the student to demonstrate improved academic capability, it does not assure admission to a professional school.