The Facts about Bluefield College
It’s a fact! The minute you step on campus, you know there is something special about Bluefield College.
Bluefield College is special. Our service-minded students are the heart and soul of our compassionate campus community. Dedicated faculty offer challenging academic experiences in a committed Christian environment. We’re proud of our critically-acclaimed teacher education program and global education opportunities. Graduate programs in education, biomedical sciences, nursing, and business administration offer innovative and rigorous coursework. Students enjoy international and regional tours with music and theater ensembles. Our athletic teams play as champions each time they take the field or the court. The quick facts below offer a glimpse into what makes our Christ-centered college so special. More information resources are available on the website of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
It’s a Fact:
- Bluefield College was established in 1922 by the Baptist General Association of Virginia.
- Our 1,200 students represent 32 states and 16 countries.
- 99% of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
- 80% of our students choose to live on campus.
- We’re proud of our 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio for on-campus classes.
- We’re proud of our 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio for our online classes.
- Bluefield College is 1 of 23 colleges earning an “A” grade from the American Council of Trustees and Alumni for our core curriculum.
- Bluefield offers 18 NAIA Division 1 athletic teams for men and women.
- Our athletic teams compete in the Appalachian Athletic Conference and the Mid-South Conference.
- The Bluefield campus encompasses 82 acres and includes the Bluefield College Cave and a natural trail.
- Appalachian College of Pharmacy
- Appalachian School of Law
- Danville Community College
- Danville Community College Administration of Justice Program
- Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)
- Jiangsu Second Normal University
- Mahidol University
- Rappahannock Community College Protective Services Technology Program
- Southwest Law Enforcement Academy
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Universidade Federal do Para (UFPA)
- Virginia Community College System
- Wytheville Community College