A work-study student would be trained in as many of the positions below as possible and could work in a variety of them during a season. Training would be provided for all.
- Scoreboard Operator – Operates scoreboard at soccer, volleyball, baseball, or softball games.
- PA Announcer – Public address announcer at soccer, volleyball, baseball, or softball games. Students would introduce starting lineups and make announcements during the game, as well as call goals and baskets. Scripts will be provided.
- Music engineer – Plays approved music at athletic events before, during, and at the event’s conclusion.
- Video Board operator – Operates video board at football games, must have knowledge of football.
- Broadcast Camera Operator – Operates camera for broadcasts of athletic events.
- Photographer – Uses camera, professional quality, to photograph athletic events.
- Graphic Design – Creates graphics utilizing Scoreshots program for pregame, in-game, and postgame posting to social media.
- Statistician – Compiles statistics for athletic events using Prestostats. Knowledge of the sport is essential, and training will be provided.
- Spotter – Assists statisticians or PA announcers in identifying players involved in plays. Training will be provided.