Reporting to the Director of Online Enrollment, the Training and Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day analysis and optimization of our admissions, enrollment, and operational processes in order to improve team member performance and enhance the prospective and current student experience.
The Training and Quality Assurance Specialist will be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table backed by robust analysis and insights. The Training and Quality Assurance Specialist will use organizational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to help develop functional area team KPI metrics, Enrollment Management workflows, and identify opportunities to align enrollment processes with technological tools. They will also work alongside the Enrollment Management staff to create strategies that help meet outlined goals.
The Training and Quality Assurance Specialist will ensure that Enrollment Management team members are appropriately trained to create the best prospective learner service possible and that the team is equipped with the processes and knowledge to increase efficiency. The Training and Quality Assurance Specialist will lead the effort to ensure that quality remains at its highest across all areas of the enrollment process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Monitors inbound and outbound calls and email responses to assess enrollment agents’ demeanor, echnical accuracy, student service performance, and accuracy of institutional information regarding policy and procedures.
- Monitors agent calls via three methods: live, recorded, and side-by-side while communicating feedback to encourage and discourage certain practices.
- Oversees call monitoring QA programs and ensures consistency in coaching and performance management. Conducts needs assessments, tracks trends through call monitoring scores, and partners with the leadership team to identify training and coaching opportunities for staff at all levels.
- Designs call monitoring formats and quality standards.
- Utilizes quality monitoring data to compile and track performance at the team and individual level
- Ensures a continuous process of evaluating and identifying key behaviors and defects that drive, or reduce, securing applications, and improve the student experience.
- Detects broken internal processes, skills gaps, and poor workforce scheduling.
- Assesses enrollment agent behavior, counsel, and coach them to reduce negative student experience, wastage of time and resources, and enrollment agent attrition.
- Assesses enrollment agents’ interaction with prospective students against a set of quality standards, including subjective components such as soft skills and courtesy.
- Identifies historical trends through data analysis, which can help determine which enrollment agents require more attention and those that require less.
- Monitors trends within Enrollment Management on an internal QA level, such as month over month enrollment agent performance metrics and top missed points at the agent or organizational level.
- Evaluates and scores enrollment agent to student interactions to identify key behaviors that drive securing applications and improve student experience including but not limited to the improvement of overall contact performance, the improvement of call, voice, and email quality made by enrollment agents, a continuous improvement in enrollment processes – internal and external, reduction of enrollment agent attrition, identifying and addressing potential student interaction issues.
- Supports enrollment staff in their analytical needs to help them make data-driven decisions towards the enrollment process – which includes contact strategies, and implementation of new tools.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of various admissions tactics by analyzing applicant data, contribute to departmental best practices, and regularly present findings/solutions to Enrollment Management leadership to improve the enrollment process overall
- Works together with the data team to develop, implement, and maintain reports on key results and performance metrics and use these reports to support and improve enrollment processes.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new training programs and initiatives that are consistent with the businesses’ overall strategy, objectives, and needs.
- Leads the development, implementation, and revisions of training and quality programs that address knowledge gaps for existing enrollment staff or serve to onboard and support new enrollment staff including training curriculum and methodology, workflows, policies, procedures, job aids, scripting, and collateral material.
- Evaluates training and QA programs and activities to determine the effectiveness of the trainers, course material, and delivery methodologies and implements enhancements of established training and QA standards and performance metrics as appropriate.
- Conducts new hire and ongoing training for enrollment staff.
- Performs Quality Assurance reviews of all new hires to assess the effectiveness of the training and the readiness of the new hires to perform the required enrollment job functions.
- Actively integrates Christian faith into professional practice and conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience with student information systems, admissions, and/or enrollment management operations
- 2+ years in a process improvement/training and development role
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes implementation and/or optimization
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the team
- Superior problem-solving skills, in both ambiguous and tactical situations, and a bias for action
- Display initiative and desire to think beyond current parameters of the role
- Strong technical aptitude (Google Sheets/Excel, Slides/PowerPoint, Salesforce, etc.), project management, and organizational skills with detailed follow-through abilities
- Strong evaluation and data management skills
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Experience building curriculum and help teach/develop individuals
- Ability to train, mentor, and coach Enrollment staff for continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a thorough, clear, and professional manner.
- A vibrant and authentic Christian faith and worldview consistent with the College’s mission.
- A willingness to adhere to our employee code of conduct.
OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- Interprets College policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield College.
- All other duties as assigned by either the Director of Online Enrollment or Vice President for Admissions & Student Development.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job and requires no specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
- Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
- Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of the same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
- Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield College is a Christ-centered, multicultural learning community that values and seeks faculty and staff who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives, are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Bluefield College is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield College shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the College is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other College-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.