Home > Office of Business Intelligence > Student Success Reporting

Student Success Reporting Data

Academic Support Diverse Learners Data

The Academic Support and Diverse Learners data was gathered to identify retention trends among cohorts of incoming Bluefield University students from 2017 to 2021. The data is disaggregated into various segments, including resident/commuter status, student-athlete status, race, and student employment.

Last Updated: May 23, 2022

MTN Advising Group

The MTN Advising data was gathered on behalf of the MTN module team to review traditional students in attendance in Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Spring 2022. The team looked at students who returned or didn’t return in the next semester as well as students who changed majors. The data was disaggregated based on term GPA, cumulative GPA, student-athlete status, Pell eligibility, and gender.

Last Updated: May 24, 2022

MTN Clearance

The MTN Clearance data was gathered on behalf of the MTN Clearance module team. The data includes retention and persistence information on traditional students who entered the fall semester each year. The data is then organized based on the days between the student’s deposit/confirmation date and the first day of the first semester.

Last Updated: May 24, 2022

End of Semester Success Review

This 3-page report reviews persistence and source success information each semester utilizing information from Jenzabar (SIS) and Canvas (LMS). Page 1 includes persistence information, page 2 reviews course-specific information, and page 3 covers course success and persistence information for students flagged as student-athletes in Sports Tracking (Jenzabar).

Last Updated: May 23, 2022

Do I only apply once?

  • No. Students must apply each academic year for the fall semester and submit the necessary documents.

Do I have to take the classes specified in the Associate's Degree tracks as they are listed on the information sheet?

  • No. Students may take any of the courses that are offered in a given term.

Where do I find the textbook listing, and where do I purchase the books?

  • Log in to myBU, and under the "Student" tab, you will find a list of the textbooks required (if any) for each course. Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.

How long is a semester?

  • Our semesters are divided into two 8-week terms.

Is there an orientation?

  • Yes. Students can attend an orientation session that explains how to access courses, how to register for classes, and answers other questions.

Where can I find a course description?

Does the student need to take the SAT or ACT in order to take Dual Enrollment classes?

  • No. If a student decides to study at BU full time, BU is currently test-optional for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle.

Are the classes live? Do students need to log in and participate at certain times?

  • Classes are offered online, so a student can log-on and study at their convenience and their own pace. Students have assignments due each week; you can complete your assignments at any point in time before the deadline.

Does an Early College student need to come to campus for anything?

  • No. However, we would love to have you visit our campus if you are interested in continuing with traditional on-campus study. Students who complete their associate's degree have the option to walk at our commencement ceremony.

Are Early College students able to receive Financial Aid?

  • No. However, Early College courses are very affordable compared to other options. The cost for an online Dual Enrollment course is $100 per credit hour.

How do transferring credits work?

  • Each College or University completes a transcript review in order to decide which courses transfer. Sticking to general education classes generally makes transferring credits simple. All Early College courses at Bluefield University are general education classes that should transfer to another accredited institution.

Is an Early College student considered, and treated, as a transfer student when they become a full-time college student if they have earned enough credits to be a Junior?

  • No. Since they have not graduated from high school, they are considered a first-time college student regardless of how many credits transfer. However, by transferring credits when they enroll as a full-time student, they will have to take fewer classes to receive their bachelor's degree, which shortens the length of time to earn the degree.

Can I speak to someone if I have more questions?

  • Yes. Please contact the Office of Admissions by email or you can call them at 276.326.4231


Meet our core Counseling faculty

Dr. Challen Mabry

Assistant Professor of Counseling

Dr. Kristen Moran

Associate Professor of Counseling

Brandy Smith

Assistant Professor of Education & Counseling,
Director of the Master of Arts in Counseling Program,
Title IX Confidential Counselor

Our team is here for you! How can we help?

This form requires credentials in order to request information.