Reporting to the Executive Vice President for Online & Distance Education, the Regional Partnership Manager (RPM) represents Bluefield University to prospective students and partners in the region and works to promote Bluefield University Online programs. The RPM creates and implements recruitment strategies to reach prospective students through visits, events, referrals, networking, and outreach efforts. The RPM establishes and maintains strong relationships with partners in the region, providing them information, resources and tools, and collaborating with them to create a steady referral of prospective students.
The RPM must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff. The RPM maintains a flexible work schedule that includes days, some evenings, and occasional weekends. Significant travel is required with an average of 45-60 visits per month. Valid driver’s license also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with schools, community colleges, businesses, organizations, and service providers in the region.
- Continually enhances networking skills and program knowledge in order to promote a positive image in the field.
- Sets appointments with key decision makers throughout the region.
- Identifies businesses and contacts that have connections with our target audience.
- Utilizes university CRM (Salesforce) to track and update partner records and leads
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of online program offerings and how they relate to student and partner needs.
- Meets and exceeds monthly goals for partners, leads, and new students.
- Creates an individual recruitment plan for each semester that includes recruitment activities, events, conferences, and fairs, as well as communication with prospective students and networking opportunities.
- Completes weekly activity report to include documentation of recruitment/outreach activities, visits, and appointments.
- Develops and updates a database of prospective students and contacts with whom workshops, information sessions, and visits can be booked.
- Stays current with dynamics and demographics of the region. Evaluates viable target areas to reach right-fit students for Bluefield University Online.
- Collaborates with our growing alumni network to develop new student and professional networks and garner student referrals.
- Attends training sessions to receive updated information about new programs, services, requirements, etc.
OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- Interprets College policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield University.
- Performs other tasks, projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of recruiting, sales, or higher education experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Willing and able to maintain a weekly travel schedule that requires occasional weeknights and/or Saturdays
- Superior networking skills with the ability to build rapport, win trust, and overcome objections
- Well-developed presentation, oral, and written communication skills required
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and share program information with prospective students and regional partners
- Energy, enthusiasm, and positive attitude
- Strong work ethic, tenacious, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and the Internet
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job and requires no specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
- Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
- Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
- Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield University, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, [email protected].
Additional information about Bluefield University is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield University is a Christ-centered, multicultural learning community that values and seeks faculty and staff who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives, are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Bluefield University is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield University shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the University is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other University-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.