Bluefield College Online is growing and we have several new online enrollment counselor positions available. These positions are 100% remote with second shift hours and rotating Saturdays.
Reporting to the Director of Online Enrollment, the Enrollment Counselor (EC) is responsible for fostering counselor-student relationships. Working over the phone in a fast-paced team environment, the EC works to advise and enroll undergraduate and graduate students seeking an online degree. This position is also responsible for identifying students’ educational goals and disseminating course and program information to potential students. ECs are energetic and service-focused people who are driven by impacting students’ lives. They are adept at counseling online students as they begin their degree program to ensure long-term student success and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages a high volume of inbound and outbound calls from prospective students seeking information on Bluefield College graduate and undergraduate online programs.
- Counsels and qualifies prospective students on program fit, admissions requirements, financial aid processes, transfer guidelines, licensure, and military-related issues.
- Utilizes multiple systems and resources to review, assess, assist, and record student progression through the enrollment funnel while communicating the unique vision of Bluefield College Online.
- Converts prospective students to qualified applicants for Bluefield College Online programs of study.
- Assists new admissions students for the purpose of moving them from inquiry to acceptance.
- Takes new applications for prospective students in accordance with department call-flow while promoting Bluefield College Online programs.
- Converts prospective students from application to admission decision in accordance with department call-flow while promoting Bluefield College Online programs.
- Identifies obstacles, clarifies complex policies and information, facilitates research, and provides solutions and/or alternatives to meet students’ needs.
- Promotes the features and benefits of all undergraduate and graduate programs as well as the added value of an online education.
- Identifies opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency in new student recruiting and new student services.
- Assists students in determining an appropriate academic path, including selecting an appropriate major, choosing classes, and beginning to define a career path.
- Acquires and maintains an in-depth knowledge of online program offerings and curriculum and integrates such information with students’ needs.
- Walks through, to its completion, any student concerns to ensure long-term enrollment retention
- Makes targeted outreach to students to identify potential obstacles to retention and graduation.
- Keeping students as our first priority, provides unwavering, exceptional service and support to students, faculty, and staff
- Strives to be the expert on all Bluefield College policies while leveraging relationships with support offices as needed to address student issues and concerns
- Building long-term relationships with the student population to provide them with a personal connection to Bluefield College and a functional asset during their educational experience
- Maintain and exceed 80% phone utilization daily.
- As a member of a high-performing team, meets or exceeds departmental key performance indicators.
- Implement daily and weekly feedback from the Management Team on ways to improve and develop.
- Actively integrate Christian faith into professional practice and conduct.
- All other duties as assigned by either the Director of Online Admissions or Vice President for Admissions & Student Development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Sales or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work productively, efficiently, and responsibly in a remote work environment
- Must be available to work second shift hours and rotating Saturdays
- An understanding of proper phone etiquette
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to represent the department and Bluefield College in a professional manner
- Detail-oriented; able to consistently track and maintain the accuracy of data and information
- A vibrant and authentic Christian faith and worldview consistent with the College’s mission.
- A willingness to adhere to our employee code of conduct.
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Must have access to high-speed DSL or cable modem (satellite and wireless internet service is NOT allowed for this role)
- A dedicated, quiet workspace with no interruptions
- Experience in a higher education admissions department or vendor-side call center and/or experience working directly with prospective students in higher education admissions/recruitment/marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of student advising and/or retention strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word; working knowledge of Excel
- Strong ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment, coupled with the ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and manage time effectively
- Prospective student focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Customer service or sales experience
- Self-motivation and ability to set short term and long term goals
OTHER DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
- Interprets College policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield College.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job and requires no specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
- Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
- Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of the same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
- Statement of Christian Faith
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield College is a Christ-centered, multicultural learning community that values and seeks faculty and staff who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives, are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Bluefield College is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield College shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the College is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other College-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply