Reporting to the Vice President of Admissions & Student Development, the Associate Vice President of Enrollment facilitates the development and implementation of the University’s strategic enrollment management plan. Oversees leadership in the effectiveness of the following areas of service: Admissions and Enrollment, Marketing and Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create, execute, assess, and evaluate an integrated Strategic Enrollment Plan that is rigorously data-informed and facilitates seamless transitions and high-quality customer service throughout the student life-cycle.
- Collaborate with the University Leadership to develop and evaluate goals, objectives, and metrics that are aligned with the mission and vision of Bluefield University.
- In collaboration with the enrollment team, create innovative enrollment strategies and partnerships to sustain and grow the enrollment of students.
- Confidently manage operational aspects of the enrollment management function, including effective budgeting and fiscal management, personnel and strategic planning processes, and proficient use of web-based technologies.
- Take a systematic and data-driven approach to anticipating the changing higher education landscape, demographic shifts, and student needs.
- Exhibits deep analytical knowledge of interpreting complex data to meet business goals and objectives.
- Collect and analyze historical and trend data to make informed decisions about short and long range plans, goals and objectives, and new market opportunities.
- Ensure goals are met on-time, on-budget, and in compliance with all applicable University policies; federal, state, or local laws and regulations; and industry best practices.
- Build an enrollment and financial aid strategy that takes into account access, affordability, debt, and support to current and prospective students.
- Optimize the University’s financial aid leveraging model to meet new student enrollment goals and maximize retention of continuing students.
- Responsible for development of marketing resources and strategic campaigns for student recruitment, including social media, web-based communications, web site management for recruitment purposes, and printed materials.
- Develop effective partnerships with third-party suppliers of student search, enrollment and recruiting services.
- Document, analyze, and, as needed, refine processes, policies, technologies, and enrollment-related resources to ensure that they are optimally structured and managed.
- Effectively leverage technology to enhance efficiency and scalability of systems and processes.
- Identify and eliminate workflow bottlenecks and operational inefficiencies.
- Work collaboratively to ensure accurate student record processing, reducing communication gaps and clerical errors.
- Develop tracking mechanisms for improving project execution and team performance.
- Assess the training needs of the enrollment teams and identify or develop training and other educational experiences with the goal of increasing enrollment.
- Actively integrate Christian faith into professional practice.
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Admissions & Student Development.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE
- A vibrant and authentic Christian faith and worldview consistent with the University’s mission and values is required.
- Master’s Degree (M. A.) or equivalent required; Doctorate preferred.
- Significant experience in strategic enrollment management, typically demonstrated by a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in post-secondary education. Director or senior-level experience in Christian higher education is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of financial aid, marketing, and communications principles is required.
- Experience with Salesforce ERP and Microsoft 365 preferred. Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms.
- Robust knowledge of current technologies and platforms for recruiting undergraduate students.
- Sophisticated skills in using qualitative and quantitative data to drive effective marketing, recruitment, and admission programs.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and apply learning from professional journals, industry literature, or governing agency reports.
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of senior leaders, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel and perform other tasks that are varied and time-sensitive in nature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job and requires no specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
- Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
- Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the University. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The University maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
- Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield University, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, [email protected]
Additional information about Bluefield University is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield University is a Christ-centered, multicultural learning community that values and seeks faculty and staff who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives, are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Bluefield University is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield University shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the University is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and and loan programs, and athletic and other University-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.