Alumni Directory

Looking for a long-lost friend from BU or need to contact your former classmates about a reunion?

myBU: Your Connection To Bluefield University

Want to check your contribution history to the school? You can do all of this and more through our intranet technology called myBU, created just for Bluefield University alumni, friends, employees, and students.

How Do I Get There?

Simply click the myBU link on this page or at the top of any page inside the Bluefield University website.

What Services Are Available?

Once inside myBU, you’ll find an “Alumni and Friends” tab at the top of the page that will take you to the services available to former students and supporters.

You will be able to:

  • Search for old classmates through the “Alumni Directory”
  • Give to the BU Fund for Scholarships through an “Online Giving” tool
  • Check your contributions to date through a “My Giving” instrument

In addition, if you add your current email address to your biographical information in the “Alumni Directory,” then you’ll automatically be subscribed to BU’s annual newsletter.

Who Gets Access?

The important thing to remember is you’ll need an ID and password since some of the information and services within myBU are exclusive to the BU family. Recent grads should already have an ID and password; it’s the same ID and password you used to access myBU (or Jenzabar) when you were a student. Older alumni, since this technology may not have been available when you were a student, you’ll need to request an ID and password. Simply email Gabe Blakman, Institutional Advancement Office Manager.

One added benefit with myBU is that you can update your own profile – name, mailing address, family information, career progress, or any personal information. myBU is the most convenient way for you to stay connected to the BU family!

Do I only apply once?

  • No. Students must apply each academic year for the fall semester and submit the necessary documents.

Do I have to take the classes specified in the Associate's Degree tracks as they are listed on the information sheet?

  • No. Students may take any of the courses that are offered in a given term.

Where do I find the textbook listing, and where do I purchase the books?

  • Log in to myBU, and under the "Student" tab, you will find a list of the textbooks required (if any) for each course. Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.

How long is a semester?

  • Our semesters are divided into two 8-week terms.

Is there an orientation?

  • Yes. Students can attend an orientation session that explains how to access courses, how to register for classes, and answers other questions.

Where can I find a course description?

Does the student need to take the SAT or ACT in order to take Dual Enrollment classes?

  • No. If a student decides to study at BU full time, BU is currently test-optional for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle.

Are the classes live? Do students need to log in and participate at certain times?

  • Classes are offered online, so a student can log-on and study at their convenience and their own pace. Students have assignments due each week; you can complete your assignments at any point in time before the deadline.

Does an Early College student need to come to campus for anything?

  • No. However, we would love to have you visit our campus if you are interested in continuing with traditional on-campus study. Students who complete their associate's degree have the option to walk at our commencement ceremony.

Are Early College students able to receive Financial Aid?

  • No. However, Early College courses are very affordable compared to other options. The cost for an online Dual Enrollment course is $100 per credit hour.

How do transferring credits work?

  • Each College or University completes a transcript review in order to decide which courses transfer. Sticking to general education classes generally makes transferring credits simple. All Early College courses at Bluefield University are general education classes that should transfer to another accredited institution.

Is an Early College student considered, and treated, as a transfer student when they become a full-time college student if they have earned enough credits to be a Junior?

  • No. Since they have not graduated from high school, they are considered a first-time college student regardless of how many credits transfer. However, by transferring credits when they enroll as a full-time student, they will have to take fewer classes to receive their bachelor's degree, which shortens the length of time to earn the degree.

Can I speak to someone if I have more questions?

  • Yes. Please contact the Office of Admissions by email or you can call them at 276.326.4231