Does an Early College student need to come to campus for anything?
- No. However, we would love to have you visit our campus if you are interested in continuing with traditional on-campus study. Students who complete their associate’s degree have the option to walk at our commencement ceremony.
Are Early College students able to receive Financial Aid?
- No. However, Early College courses are very affordable compared to other options. The cost for an online Dual Enrollment course is $100 per credit hour.
How do transferring credits work?
- Each College or University completes a transcript review in order to decide which courses transfer. Sticking to general education classes generally makes transferring credits simple. All Early College courses at Bluefield College are general education classes that should transfer to another accredited institution.
Is an Early College student considered, and treated, as a transfer student when they become a full-time college student if they have earned enough credits to be a Junior?
- No. Since they have not graduated from high school, they are considered a first-time college student regardless of how many credits transfer. However, by transferring credits when they enroll as a full-time student, they will have to take fewer classes to receive their bachelor’s degree, which shortens the length of time to earn the degree.
Can I speak to someone if I have more questions?
- Yes. Please contact the Office of Admissions by email or you can call them at 276.326.4231