The responsibility of this position consists of teaching online nursing courses as appropriate to credentials. A range of suitable online strategies will be employed, such as video streaming lectures, discussion groups, and others. The adjunct will facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and will proactively support all facets of the online learning environment and will demonstrate the ability to work with adult learners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides competency-based online education which aligns within the framework of nursing curricula as well as supports the online style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans/syllabus to meet course competencies, the development of online assignment activities which support program and course objectives, and appropriately delivers the online instruction.
- Promotes and enhances student success by showing flexibility in style as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students, and demonstrates the ability to engage students in the online learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing college/school online policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating in curriculum decisions and attending faculty meetings, either face-to-face or via conference calls.
- Communicates effectively, both verbal and written that will represent Bluefield College and the Nursing Program within the community, healthcare providers, and most importantly to the student and prospective students.
- Is a life-long learner and maintains professional development.
- Facilitates and paces instruction effectively to maximize student learning.
- Demonstrates time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Computer-based skills (i.e., software).
- Committed to participating in accreditation activities.
- Ability to teach telehealth.
Education and/or Experience:
- Masters of Science in nursing is required.
- Active and unrestricted RN license.
- Teaching experience in nursing education and practice.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations.
- Must support the mission of Bluefield College and the nursing program.
- Online Experience required.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job but may require sitting, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, picking up. Some repetitive activities will include the use of a mouse and keyboard. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
- Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
- Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to an annual evaluation based upon the functions set forth above.
Note: The College reserves the right to change, reassign, or combine job duties and positions at any time.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic faculty employment application and upload the following:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Christian Faith
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Three letters of reference
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield College is a Christ-centered, multicultural learning community that values and seeks faculty and staff who represent diverse backgrounds and perspectives, are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Bluefield College is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield College shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the College is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other College-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.