This year, Food City and the Bluefield College Alumni Association are excited to “kick-up” the tailgate scene at every home football game. Food City and the Alumni Association will be recognizing the best tailgate at this year’s Homecoming game.
In order to compete, you will need to register by Wednesday, October 9 by calling or emailing Mark Hipes, Director of Alumni Relations at 276.326.4289 or . You will receive an outline of the contest guidelines and rules. When you arrive at the game, you will need to check in at the Alumni Tailgate Tent to receive your tailgate competition flag.
- The Homecoming Tailgate Zone will open at 11:30 a.m. at Mitchell Stadium.
- Each participant must prepare three plates of food.
- Judges will begin visiting each competing tailgate at 12:15 p.m.
- Tailgates will be judged on a scale of 1 to 10 in three categories of competition: 1) tailgate atmosphere, 2) taste of food, and 3) creativity of menu.
- Winners will be announced during halftime of the Homecoming game: 1st) $50 Food City gift card, 2nd) set of Bluefield College pennants and a BC sweatshirt, 3rd) set of BC pennants.