Online Management & Leadership Degree Programs
Trained leaders are in demand by business, government, non-profit organizations, and other employers. The Online Management & Leadership degree is designed to prepare graduates to help meet the challenge.
Today, managers and leaders must cope with constant change, competition, complexity, diversity, and issues workers bring to the workplace. Management is the process of getting work done through others, using order and consistency. Leadership is the ability to influence others toward the achievement of a vision or set of goals. The online degree in Management & Leadership deals with the realities of the workplace as they relate to strategic planning, ethics and personal integrity, and the overall functions of management, including leadership, research, quality assurance, team building, and change management, all within the framework of job performance and organizational commitment.
The faculty possess excellent academic credentials and diverse experience in small businesses, government, and major corporations. The Management & Leadership degree is a great platform for pursuing graduate academic and professional work.
EXPECTED Learning OUTCOMES
The expected outcomes of graduates of the Management and Leadership program include the ability to:
- Comprehend the contemporary issues and problems that people encounter in the modern world.
- Develop an understanding of normal and abnormal functioning of individuals, groups, and families.
- Acquire skills needed in working with individuals, groups, and families in efforts to enhance mental health, daily functioning, life satisfaction, career development, family harmony, academic performance, and interpersonal relationship.
- Increase their knowledge of ethical considerations in the field of counseling.
- Understand the impact of social structure, social interaction, and social/cultural change on the overall wellness of people.
POSSIBLE CAREER OUTCOMES in Management & Leadership
Students completing the Online Management & Leadership Program will obtain a high level of knowledge and professional skills that could lead to a number of different professions within the Management & Leadership industry. Here are a few potential career opportunities.
Business Finance Consultant
Human Resources Manager
Labor Relations Manager
Organizational Development Manager
Public Administration Manager
Small Business Consulting
Small Business Owner
Mark K. Gettle PhD CSP MBA
Chair, Management & Leadership Major
Instructor for Online Programs Management
& Leadership, and Psychology
Class of 2011
"The professors were amazing, and the staff was like extended family. In addition to the tools necessary for a successful career the online program gave me focus, discipline, and confidence. And, on December 18, 2011, I walked across the stage of Harman Chapel to accept my bachelor’s degree!" read more
Request More Info
Fill out the form below to receive more information about Bluefield College.