TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
DEPARTMENT: Student Development
JOB SUMMARY: Bluefield College is seeking applications for a part-time Safety Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the general supervision of the Office of Student Development and the Coordinator of Campus Safety, the part-time Campus Safety Officer is a member of a team of safety officers who are responsible for providing personal safety for members for the campus community through a courteous, helpful and professional manner. This position provides a highly visual deterrent to campus crime while protecting the property and assets of the College. This is a part time position which will include working hours on evenings and weekends.
Specific Duties Include:
• Providing security for persons, buildings, and assets of the College through a variety of security techniques and methods.
• Responding to requests for assistance and information in a helpful and courteous manner.
• Patrolling the grounds and facilities of the College in a manner consistent with the Department, College Policy, and Mission.
• Enforcing appropriate College regulations and policies including, but not limited to parking and traffic regulations.
• Routine involvement in directing vehicular or pedestrian traffic in a variety of situations.
• Assisting designated Campus Safety Officers in their campus law enforcement duties.
• General knowledge of data entry and other technical skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
The duties of the position require well developed interpersonal skills including:
• The ability to demonstrate good judgment in enforcing College regulations and security policies and practices, while maintaining confidentiality in all security matters.
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing - through security reports, complaint and witness statements, and in assisting and providing general information to the College community and visitors.
• High degree of tact and diplomacy dealing with the College community under a variety of difficult situations. This position requires the incumbent to provide helpful general information to the community and in other situations when "instructions" may have to be given to violators of College regulations.
• Sensitivity toward the cultural diversity of the campus community.
• Ability and willingness to work hourly rotating shifts. Physically fit to withstand the challenges of extensive walking and climbing and descending numerous interior and external stairs and campus grounds including multi-level building facilities, and parking lots.
*Special consideration will be given to those who have Campus Safety Certification.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
• Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.
Apply NowBack to Job Board