WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
STUDENTS ARE THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY. Learn everything you need to know about residence life and student services offered to students at Bluefield College.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Give to Bluefield College to support our students and facilities, and make it an even better place to learn.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
DEPARTMENT: School of Nursing
JOB SUMMARY: Bluefield College is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Summary:
The responsibility of this position consists of teaching online graduate nursing courses as appropriate to credentials. A range of suitable online strategies will be employed, such as video streaming lectures, discussion groups, and others. The adjunct will facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and will proactively support all facets of the online learning environment and will demonstrate the ability to work with adult learners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides competency-based online education which aligns within the framework of nursing curricula as well as supports the online style of system delivery.
2. Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans/syllabus to meet course competencies, the development of online assignment activities which support program and course objectives, and appropriately delivers the online instruction.
3. Promotes and enhances student success by showing flexibility in style as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students, and demonstrates the ability to engage students in the online learning process.
4. Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing college/school online policies.
5. Contributes to a learning culture by participating in curriculum decisions and attending faculty meetings, either face-to-face or via conference calls.
6. Communicates effectively, both verbal and written that will represent Bluefield College and the Nursing Program within the community, healthcare providers, and most importantly to the student and prospective students.
7. Is a life-long learner and maintains professional development.
8. Facilitates and paces instruction effectively to maximize student learning.
9. Demonstrates time management and detail-oriented skills.
10. Computer based skills (i.e., software).
11. Committed to participating in accreditation activities.
12. Ability to teach in tele-health.
13. This position has requirements to teach on-campus.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Masters of Science in nursing is required and PMHNP certification >1 year.
2. Active and unrestricted RN license and PMHNP certification.
3. Teaching experience in nursing education and practice.
4. Must be able to work with diverse populations.
5. Must support the mission of Bluefield College and the nursing program.
• Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is not necessarily a physically demanding job and requires no specific physical demands other than those typical in a modern office environment. Normal responsibilities should not afford risks of accidental injury.
• Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
• Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic faculty employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Christian Faith
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• Three letters of reference
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield College is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield College shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the College is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other College-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Apply NowBack to Job Board