WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
STUDENTS ARE THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY. Learn everything you need to know about residence life and student services offered to students at Bluefield College.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Give to Bluefield College to support our students and facilities, and make it an even better place to learn.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
JOB SUMMARY: The College of Science at Bluefield College invites applications for an adjunct teaching position in elementary mathematics.
JOB DESCRIPTION: JOB SUMMARY:
The individual will be responsible for teaching the Fundamentals of Mathematics or Foundations of Algebra courses in a traditional classroom setting on the Bluefield Campus.
Bluefield College is a private, four-year liberal arts college located in the Virginia highlands. The College is Christ-centered in its mission, global in its outlook, and is in covenant with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. The successful candidate must be a committed Christian as demonstrated by their lifestyle and behavior, with the desire to integrate their faith into their teaching and student’s learning. Mathematics faculty are expected to uphold appropriate academic expectations in the classroom while treating students with care and respect. The ability to work closely and cooperatively within a diverse campus community to advance the mission of the College is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
• Teaching 3-6 hours per semester as assigned by the Mathematics Department Head.
• Assist in the development of elementary mathematics courses as needed, possibly including assessment related to institutional effectiveness.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated competency in or teaching mathematics.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics. Individuals with higher credentials may be given opportunities to teach beyond elementary mathematics.
• Experience teaching undergraduate mathematics as either a faculty member or as a graduate student at an accredited college or university is also preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic faculty employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of application
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned
• Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
• Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to
Director of Academic Programs
3000 College Avenue
Bluefield, VA 24605
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu. Compensation will be based upon education, experience, and certifications.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
The institution does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.
Apply NowBack to Job Board