TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Traditional Admissions is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, strategic recruitment plan for the Office of Traditional Admissions.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY PURPOSE/SCOPE
The Director of Traditional Admissions is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, strategic recruitment plan for the Office of Traditional Admissions. He or she will be a strategic thinker with proven leadership skills and the personal qualities necessary to supervise and motivate others to understand and participate in enrollment initiatives. The Director of Traditional Admissions will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, alumni and others in the College community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Serves as chief enrollment officer for the traditional recruitment market segment of the College;
2. Responsible for student marketing and recruitment and all operations that support the admissions process.
3. Manages the Admissions Office
4. Develops recruitment goals, strategies and activities which lead prospective students through the admissions process.
5. Cultivates influencers in specific geographic regions (counselors, pastors, etc.)
6. Analyzes marketing areas in terms of potential, past productivity, yield rates, etc.
7. Creates and coordinates admissions publications and other promotional materials in collaboration with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Development
8. Sets and monitors new student enrollment goals in collaboration with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Development
9. Directs the planning of on campus events, such as open houses.
10. Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield College.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
12. Serves on the Enrollment Management Team
13. Works with faculty, academic affairs, registrar, financial aid and student development in all matters related to admissions and/or enrollment.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
This position directly supervises five admissions counselors and co-supervises the office manager who supervises the reception office assistant and the operations office assistant. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the College’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory duties, responsibilities, and functions include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree preferred, preferably in a related filed. Minimum of five years of progressive growth in admissions.
• Marketing knowledge and experience preferred
• Background and experience in computer systems
• Management experience in higher education setting a plus
• A faith and commitment to Jesus Christ
• Commitment to servant leadership in a quality Christian College
• Good people and organizational skills
• Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to operate a computer terminal; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands are arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires no specialized equipment other than equipment typically used in a modern office environment, including personal computers, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
• Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private residential institution of higher education, with physical remote site locations within 500 miles of the main campus in Bluefield, Virginia.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
• Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment
Apply NowBack to Job Board