Traditional Admissions Counselor
This position is responsible for presenting the educational opportunities of the College to high school students, transfer students, parents, guidance counselors, Christian organizations, churches and other constituents.
The Bluefield College traditional admissions counselor is responsible for presenting the educational opportunities of the College to high school students, transfer students, parents, guidance counselors, Christian organizations, churches and other constituents.
As a traditional admissions counselor, this individual is responsible for learning and implementing the recruitment techniques necessary to assure campus visits, applications, acceptances, confirmations and matriculations.
The admissions counselor will work as part of the admissions team to plan, implement and evaluate specific programs and activities to accomplish specific enrollment goals and strategies as found in the annual Recruitment Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The essential duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. To learn and implement recruitment techniques as taught by the Director of Traditional Admissions and other staff members.
2. To utilize the Jenzabar software system in the recruitment process.
3. To travel annually to college fairs, high schools and churches in a specified recruiting territory.
4. To handle admissions office correspondence on a daily basis.
5. To counsel prospective students.
6. To conduct campus tours for prospective students, families and special groups.
7. To review applications for admissions from a specified recruiting territory.
8. To maintain regular contact with prospective students and to develop creative methods of correspondence.
9. To organize work to provide maximum time for follow-up by telephone and other forms of contact so as to secure a specified number of campus visits, applications, acceptance, confirmations and matriculations with some projects requiring evening and weekend work hours.
10. To develop and maintain relationships with guidance counselors in the specified recruiting territory.
11. To be proficient in his or her knowledge of Bluefield College.
12. Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield College.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The marginal duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
14. To read professional resource material that pertains to effective recruitment techniques.
15. To participate in professional development workshops.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
• Marketing knowledge and experience preferred
• Management experience in higher education setting a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Background and experience in computer systems
• A faith and commitment to Jesus Christ
• A commitment to leadership in a quality Christian college
To apply, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ and complete the electronic staff employment application and upload a letter of interest, resume, the names and full contact information for at least three professional references, and statement of Christian Faith. Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Human Resources Director at Bluefield College, 3000 College Drive, Bluefield, VA 24605, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu. Compensation will be based upon education, experience, and certifications. To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
The institution does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.