WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
STUDENTS ARE THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY. Learn everything you need to know about residence life and student services offered to students at Bluefield College.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Give to Bluefield College to support our students and facilities, and make it an even better place to learn.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
DEPARTMENT: Bluefield College
JOB SUMMARY: Bluefield College is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Technical Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY PURPOSE/SCOPE
The Technical Director will provide technical assistance to theatrical productions during the academic year and will provide technical management of Harman Auditorium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for all construction needs for approximately 5 theatrical productions during the academic year
2. Responsible for supervising student work crews.
3. Provide technical management for Harman Auditorium.
4. Teamwork and collaboration skills.
5. Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE
1. Must be proficient with theatrical set and property construction.
2. Lighting and sound experience a must.
3. Proficiency with CAD software preferred
4. BA or BFA in technical theatre preferred. At least BA required.
5. Demonstrated success building relationships, programs and services between diverse internal constituencies.
6. Must be a thoughtful and articulate Christian, an active member of a mainstream Christian church, and must demonstrate the ability to integrate a Christian perspective in their work.
7. Must understand the stated mission of Bluefield College.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
1. Working knowledge of standard power tools used in set construction
2. Working knowledge of current theatrical building techniques
3. Working knowledge of sound and lighting systems.
3. Accuracy and attention to detail
4. Logical thinking and problem solving skills
5. Ability to multi-task
• Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those required in moderately heavy construction work. Applicant must be able to stand, bend, and lift at least 40 pounds. Applicant must be comfortable climbing ladders and stairs and must be a licensed driver. This position is a physically demanding job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Applicant should be comfortable using the following: circular saw, table saw, jig saw, drills, drivers, air compressor, and electric welder (preferred). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties, responsibilities, and functions. This position has no specific working conditions; the work environment is typical to that of a small private college, with physical remote site locations within 50 miles of Bluefield College, VA.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above as well as Communication, Job/Technical Knowledge, Teamwork/Cooperation, Initiative/Interest/Motivation, Adaptability/Flexibility, Stewardship and Safety.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. Bluefield College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on Bluefield College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Bluefield maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
• Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
Bluefield College is a private, not-for-profit institution affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. Bluefield College shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other basis on which the College is prohibited from discrimination under local, state, or federal law, in its employment or in the provision of its services, including but not limited to its programs and activities, admissions, educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other College-administered programs. This institution encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Apply NowBack to Job Board