TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
JOB SUMMARY: Bluefield College is accepting applications for the position of Men's Head Volleyball Coach.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Bluefield College is a private, four-year liberal arts college located in the Virginia highlands. The College is Christ-centered in its mission, global in its outlook, and is in covenant with the Baptist General Association of Virginia.
The primary purpose of the Men's Head Volleyball Coach will be the responsibility of promoting a Men’s Volleyball program that is in harmony with the Christian principles of Bluefield College. The coach will give direction to the athletes included within the Volleyball programs of Bluefield College, while fostering and maintaining fiscal responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The Men's Head Volleyball Coach is directly responsible to the Athletic Director and is responsible for the following areas:
1. Departmental Administration
• Promote a Men’s Volleyball program that is in harmony with and supportive of the institutional mission and philosophy of Bluefield College
• Prepare budget and control inventory of Volleyball equipment
• Develop a Volleyball schedule with the Director of Athletics
• Know eligibility requirements and provide eligibility list of athletes
• Work with athletic training and medical health services
2. Manage and supervision of Men’s Volleyball programming
• Organize and conduct practice sessions
• Ensure proper conduct of athletes on trips
• Develop and organize recruitment of athletes to meet quota numbers and stay within the scholarship amounts as provided by the institution
3. Public Relations
• Report all results to the proper media outlets and sports information director
• Recommend athletes for awards
4. Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Bluefield College, the NAIA, NCCAA, and AAC.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
This position directly supervises any assistant, volunteers and student workers who are assigned to the volleyball program, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the College’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory duties, responsibilities, and functions include interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
The individual must possess the knowledge, skills and ability to demonstrate, explain and perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of the following skills and abilities:
1. Must be able to support the Mission Statement, purpose and goals of the College and express a personal Christian commitment.
2. Must possess a minimum of a B.S/B.A Degree.
3. Must possess a current and working knowledge of NAIA regulations.
4. Must possess a minimum of three to five years’ experience in coaching and/or teaching
5. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all equipment including but not limited to: copy machines, computers, faxes, scanners, telephones as well as specialized equipment typically found in a modern athletic office environment.
• Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must also possess the ability to occasionally lift, carry, and/or drag approximately 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye. The operation of vehicles and the transportation of athletes are duties that are required at various times. Tasks such as working at a computer which involves extensive wrist and hand movements are also required.
• Specialized Equipment Requirements
The use of specialized equipment listed here is representative of equipment an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Specialized equipment would be equipment typically found in modern athletic facilities.
• Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties, responsibilities, and functions of this job. Supervisors are responsible for maintaining an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual or gender harassment. Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors. The noise level is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to travel.
This position is subject to at least an annual evaluation based upon the job duties, responsibilities, and functions as set forth above.
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic staff employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Names and full contact information for at least three professional references
• Statement of Christian Faith
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Judy Pedneau, Director of Human Resources at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.
Apply NowBack to Job Board