WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
STUDENTS ARE THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY. Learn everything you need to know about residence life and student services offered to students at Bluefield College.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Give to Bluefield College to support our students and facilities, and make it an even better place to learn.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
JOB SUMMARY: Bluefield College is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the Dean of the Caudill School of Business
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Dean of the Caudill School of Business is responsible for supporting the vision and mission of Bluefield College by providing leadership to on-campus and online education efforts that enables the college to be nimble, strategic, entrepreneurial, and responsive to trends of a broad range of business education. Additionally, the Dean will lead collaborative efforts to establish academic programs, marketing and recruitment strategies, and approaches to learning that encourage on-campus and online education to be relevant for the marketplace while anticipating educational needs for future industries in a global economy. The role is to be performed in a way that is in harmony with the Christian principles and philosophy of Bluefield College. The Vice President for Academic Affairs will oversee and manage all professional activities of the position.
FACULTY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
Teach an instructional load of 18 to 21 credit hours per calendar year in qualified on-campus and online courses– following all criteria listed within the College Catalog and Faculty Handbook.
• Serve on Dean and Faculty committees as assigned, attend organizational meetings, partake in Commencement activities, and be present at chapel services
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
Academic, Enrollment Management, Community Relations, and Marketing
• Serve as the Dean for the Caudill School of Business for the College, responsible for the day-to-day leadership and oversight of Bluefield College's undergraduate, certificate, and undergraduate online business programs
• Serve as a valued strategic business partner with the Appalachian Summit Center (ASC) to design, develop and implement programs that are mutually beneficial to the Caudill School of Business, the College, the community and the Center.
• Serve on community business organizations that mutually benefit the Caudill School of Business, the College, and the community
• Coordinate strategies to increase enrollment, brand awareness, and digital marketing presence for new business programs
• Coordinate academic programs, collaborate with student services and Admissions, assign faculty, and advise students, as needed
• Communicate regularly with students, area representatives, and college administrators in a problem-solving and decision-making capacity
• Lead efforts to track student retention; support academic and customer service-focused efforts to retain students in all business programs
• Work with the academic departments to hire skilled and capable faculty members
• Ensure up-to-date information is represented in the Academic Catalog, on the web, and other areas.
TECHNOLOGY AND TRAINING
• Work with BC's Schools & Colleges to update and maintain business education curricula within the Learning Management System and at site locations (as needed)
• Maintain documents and learning-tools databases used to support business education services
• Evaluate business education learning methods and course content to ensure it meets 21st century remote and virtual learning pedagogy
• Develop and implement strategies to promote, enhance, and enrich teaching through present and emerging technologies
• Supervise Business Department Chair, business faculty and staff
• Assist the Chair in managing the course schedule for each term; implement improvements to the process and procedures
• Collaborate with the Dean of Online programs, eLearning Technologist in orienting, training, and developing business faculty
1) Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with faculty, staff, and students
2) Collaborate with pertinent faculty, administrative staff, information technology, media and creative services, and the library to ensure a quality education experience for students and faculty
3) Supervise the implementation of faculty training and development opportunities
4) Review instructional styles and best practices in higher education as it pertains to business programs
5) Create and enhance a faculty/ staff professional development plan to meet initiatives and strategies
• Collaborate with the Dean of Online programs
PROGRAM ASSESSMENT, ACCREDITATION, AND DEVELOPMENT
• Develop a holistic Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment plan for on-campus and online education
• Lead efforts of accreditation compliance for business education-including seeking and maintaining state authorizations
• Provide the Vice President of Academic Affairs with reports on institutional effectiveness and assessment of services, technology, and learning resource needs business
• Conduct and administer on-going needs assessments, strategic learning assessments, and quality assurance assessments to develop the basis for curricula, training and overall education development
• Use market data to direct the design and development process for new program offerings and traditional-to-online/distance education courses development
• Develop, implement, and assist in enforcing policies and procedures as they relate to business programs
• Develop a 3 and 5-year strategic plan for the Caudill School of Business with the College Leadership Team
• Encourage unity of vision and purpose by integrating activities for on-campus and Online Programs with co-curricular programs
• Lead collaborative development and strategic efforts in marketing, recruitment, and branding initiatives with the Enrollment Management Team for business programs
• Serve on search committees for recruiting and hiring business faculty and staff
• Share recommendations and observations with Vice President of Academic Affairs and Vice President of Enrollment Management pertaining to the performance of online and distance education faculty and staff, including administrative staff and support team members, and in the writing/renewal of their contracts
• Support the work of the President, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Vice¬ President for Enrollment Management
• Travel to remote locations as needed
• Work evening hours as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Possess a faith and commitment to Jesus Christ
• Be a highly motivated self-starter
• Demonstrate a professional demeanor and presentation in dealing with the College constituency
• Be experienced in Learning Management Systems and electronic media and knowledge of how to best educate pertinent individuals regarding the use of such
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced learning technologies
• Possess ability to speak to audiences in a coherent and professional manner
• Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills
• Demonstrate effective time management for multi-tasking daily functions
• Demonstrate empathy for student life issues and an understanding of the specific needs and learning styles of adult students
• Possess strong problem-solving skills coupled with appropriate instinct and timely initiative
• Hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 18 graduate credits in an academic discipline
• Have at least two years of experience teaching or working in an online environment
• Have at least three years of supervisory/management experience with a track record of successful leadership
• Have proven ability to inspire and motivate others
• Possess business acumen and an understanding of planning, budgets, and institutional operations
• Have experience hiring, training, and developing personnel
This position requires performing tasks related to office work. Such tasks require sitting, standing, walking and carrying light loads (books, displays, presentations).
The evaluation of the performance of this position will be based on the ability to meet the requirements of the duties and tasks outlined above.
The criteria for evaluation of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. The ability to fulfill position description requirements as listed above in a timely and effective manner,
2. The ability to self-motivate and achieve set goals, and
3. The ability to work cooperatively with all personnel and departments in the College
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic faculty employment application and upload the following:
• Letter of interest
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Christian Faith
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• Three letters of reference
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Ann Looney, Director of Academic Programs at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.
Apply NowBack to Job Board