See new information regarding travel assistance.
Bluefield College welcomes applications for admission from international students. The application and admission requirements must be completed and on file in the Bluefield College Office of Enrollment Management at least three weeks before the beginning of the term of attendance.
To apply for international admission, the applicant must:
- Submit to the Office of Admissions a properly completed application.
- Arrange for the Office of Admissions to receive official Certified English transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges previously attended.
- Submit official score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 500 on the paper version, 173 on the computer version, or 61 on the iBT must be achieved in order for the applicant to be considered for admission to Bluefield College.
- Complete the Confirmation of Financial Resources Form and return it to the Bluefield College Office of Admissions. Applicants must provide documentation that indicates they can meet their financial responsibilities during the period of time they expect to be in residence.
Note: All transfer applicants who have earned credits at an international university or college must obtain an official evaluation from the Office of International Education Services, Credentials Analysis Service. The cost is approximately $190. You must go through the Registrar's Office at Bluefield College to proceed. This will determine the number of transfer credits that you receive.
Requirements of International Accepted Students
International accepted students will be required to submit the following items to Bluefield College:
- A deposit of $150 is required. A $100 room damage deposit is included in the amount. This money will be held in the student's account until a representative of the Residence Life staff completes a check-out form for each room. Any incurred damages will be the responsibility of the student. Appropriate replacement costs will be deducted from the deposit. When these deposits are received by the Office of Admissions, Bluefield College will forward the Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility."
- Please note that the students must have health insurance and present documentation of the insurance at registration. Students who do not maintain current U.S. health insurance will be required to purchase one of the plans offered through the Student Development Office.
Please note that indirect charges are only estimates and are not included in direct costs. Indirect charges for the fall and spring semesters include:
- books ($1,800);
- travel for breaks and holidays ($2,200);
- medical insurance ($1,400); and
- miscellaneous monthly expenses ($1,800).
- Total Indirect Expenses ($7,200)
International students are reminded that the college residency policy requires all freshman, sophomores, and juniors to reside on campus, unless any of the following qualifications are met:
- the student is 21 years of age as of September 1; or
- the student resides at home with a parent or legal guardian within a 45-mile radius of the college. While living on campus, international students must purchase a meal plan.
International students who plan to enroll for summer terms are reminded that additional charges will be incurred. Please inform your admissions counselor of your intent to continue through the summer term(s).