Online Human Services Major
One of the many online degrees offered through Bluefield College, our online Human Services degree seeks to prepare students to address behavioral issues found in the home, workplace, and in the community by examining human behavior, as a product of relationships, mental processes, and environmental variables that influence well-being. The Human Services Bachelor degree places emphasis upon the helping relationship, helping service networks, team partnerships, evidence based practice, and the ethical basis for providing human services. The Human Services degree online curriculum is ideal for those with a busy lifestyle.
EXPECTED Learning OUTCOMES
This major examines what motivates individuals, how individuals, couples and families react to stress, what can be done to help people who seek assistance from organizations, and how human service professionals go about helping people to cope and thrive. Moreover, since communities have changed and become more diverse this major addresses the delivery of human services to a diverse population of individuals and families. Therefore, the major will emphasize issues of social justice, multicultural service delivery, and the use of technology.
While earning an online degree with a major in Human Services, students will explore the breadth and depth of theory and practice, as well as learning applied techniques. In addition, the Human Services major is also designed to prepare students to continue onto graduate study in this or a related discipline.
Our graduates will:
- Comprehend the contemporary issues and problems that people encounter in the modern world.
- Develop an understanding of normal and abnormal functioning of individuals, groups and families.
- Acquire the skills needed in working with individuals, groups and families in efforts to enhance mental health daily functioning, life satisfaction, career development, family harmony, academic performance, and interpersonal relationships.
- Understand the impact of social structure, social interaction, and social/cultural change on the overall wellness of people.
POSSIBLE CAREER OUTCOMES and GRADUATE STUDIES in Human Services
Students completing the online Human Services program will obtain a high level of knowledge and professional skills that could lead to a number of different professions within the Human Services industry.
- Case Worker
- Community organizer
- Eligibility counselor/coordinator
- Juvenile court liaison
- Manpower data technician
- Mental health aide
- Parole officer
- Youth worker
Graduate Schools Attended
Graduates who elect to extend their education beyond the Bluefield College experience have attended graduate schools such as:
- Liberty University – Counseling
- Virginia Commonwealth University – Rehabilitation Counseling
Bonny Dillon, PhD
Professor of Psychology
Class of 2009
"I honestly believe, I would not have learned as much if I had chosen another school. I feel Bluefield is absolutely the best choice, and I will continue to recommend it to everyone!
I will never be able to thank you enough for all of your support this past year…. when you know you have your professors cheering you, it makes such a huge difference."
Request More Info
Fill out the form below to receive more information about Bluefield College or call us today at 1-800-872-0176.