April 5, 2014
Saturday, April 05, 2014
We invite you to experience Bluefield! You will have the opportunity to meet BC’s exceptional faculty, tour campus with a current student which will include a walkthrough of our suite-style dorms, attend a financial aid information session, and enjoy lunch on us in our dining hall.
10:00am Welcome to Bluefield College
10:30am Student Organization & Academic Fair
11:30am Campus Tour
12:30am BC 360
1:30pm Admissions/Financial Aid Open House & Financial Aid Session
If you would like to attend classes on the Friday preceding the event and stay on campus with a current student Friday night, just let the Admissions Office know. We'll be happy to pair you with a Student Ambassador and arrange your overnight stay.
Daily from 03/31/2014 to 04/05/2014
Monday, March 31st
"The 10,000 Villages Project"
- Presentation by Mrs. Rebecca McCoy-Reese
- Noon-12:50 PM in Shott A
- Merchandise will be sold to support this project in Shott A during the week. Please consult poster for times!
Tuesday, April 1st
“Zoned-Out: A Look at the United States and Panama”
- Dr. Thomas Kinney
- 3:30 PM in Lansdell 111
Wednesday, April 3rd
Sharing Christ’s Love in Panama
- Jerry and Peggy Brown will present on their work helping communities fundraise to bring medical supplies to the poor in Panama.
- Chapel Schedule: 10:00-10:50 AM
Lunch with the Browns in Cafeteria
- Noon-1:00 PM
How to Make Soap
- Presentation by Mr. Jerry Brown
- 3:30 PM
Thursday, April 4th
Presentation about Street Art in Dublin and London
- 7:00 PM
Voces Innocentes (Innocent Voices)
- Film about Civil War in El Salvador
- 8:00 PM in Lansdell 310
Friday, April 5th
“Understanding Liberation Theology”
- By Dr. Tracey Stout
- 3:00 PM
- Followed by film, ROMERO, in Lansdell 301A
Saturday, April 6th
Fundraiser for Global Education Performance
- Dr. Greenberg’s Patient Jazz
- 9:00 PM
- With Poetry Readings during Intermissions
- Free for BC students. Non-BC students, Faculty, and Staff: $2.00 suggested donation; $5 general public; all are welcomed.
Daily, from 04/01/2014 to 04/11/2014, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 05, 2014, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Bluefield College, in partnership with Blue Mountain Performing Arts, invites you to see the West Virginia Symphony! The West Virginia Symphony Orchestra is West Virginia’s premier performing arts organization, presenting more than 50 concerts annually to audiences throughout the Mountain State. You will be glad you came after experiencing the brilliant sound only achieved by a full symphony orchestra. The West Virginia Symphony Orchestra is sure to provide an evening of entertainment you will enjoy!
For more information about Blue Mountain Performing Arts or this concert and others, visit the BMPA website or contact Bryant Moxley at the e-mail address listed above or call (276)326.4248.