Writing for Life: Have Fun & Learn
Daily, from 06/16/2014 to 06/20/2014, 8:45 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Bluefield College Main Campus - View in Google Maps
Coordinator: Rob Merritt ( )
Sponsored by Bluefield College and the Appalachian Writing Project at the University of Virginia at Wise, Bluefield College is hosting a one-week summer writing camp for students, grades 3–12. Snacks and supplies will be provided. Please arrive to Easley Library on the Bluefield College campus between 8:30 and 8:45 AM on Monday, June 16.
Taught by Ms. Tamara Williams, Graham Intermediate School and Appalachian Writing Project Teaching Fellow:
- "What is Home?"
Taught by Rob Merritt, Professor of English at Bluefield College and Appalachian Writing Project Teaching Fellow:
- Journaling: Write free and from prompts; follow your ideas where they lead.
- Creative Nonfiction: Use poetic techniques to tell your own story.
- Fiction: How to “Make-up”
- Poetry Performance: From the Page to the Stage
- “What is College Writing?”: For Older Students— What College Teachers Expect
Deadline: June 12