CLEP and DSST Testing
CLEP and DSST testing are available at several locations throughout Virginia. For the Bluefield College campus, please contact:
800.872.0175 ext. 4220
Testing Services at Bluefield College
Testing Information and Tips
- CLEP and DSST tests are $80 and must be paid online at the time of registration. A fee of $15 per test is payable to Bluefield College for administering the test. You MUST pay by credit or debit card (Mastercard, Discover, or Visa).
- If a student should happen to fail the CLEP or DSST test, he/she must wait 180 days (6 months) before re-taking the same exam.
- There is no penalty for incorrect guessing; therefore, a student should answer all of the questions on the exam. This applies only to those taking the computer-based tests.
- You can learn more about CLEP (College Level Examination Placement) on the web at www.collegeboard.com/clep. You can learn more about DSST testing at www.getcollegecredit.com.
- CLEP and DSST assumes an examinee has previous knowledge about the subject in which he/she is testing; therefore, always study from a current subject-related textbook in addition to other materials available online.
- An Examination Description can be downloaded at each website. These descriptions will break down the areas of the subject that a student should study.
- General Education and Elective credits may be earned by taking these tests. The equivalencies for Bluefield College credit can be found on the lists of tests available at BC.
- Bluefield College students must receive permission from the assessment counselor in the Registrar’s Office for approval to take a test as substitution for a Bluefield College class.
- A student may not receive credit for an exam after college coursework has been attempted in the same area.