CLEP and DSST Testing
CLEP and DSST testing are available at several locations throughout Virginia. For the Bluefield College campus, please contact:
800.872.0175 ext. 4606
Testing Services at Bluefield College
Testing Information and Tips
- CLEP and DSST tests are $80 and must be paid online at the time of registration. A fee of $15 per test is payable to Bluefield College for administering the test. This fee will be collected upon arrival at the testing center and MUST be paid by credit or debit card (Mastercard, Discover, or Visa).
- If a student should happen to fail the CLEP or DSST test, he/she must wait 180 days (6 months) before re-taking the same exam.
- There is no penalty for incorrect guessing; therefore, a student should answer all of the questions on the exam. This applies only to those taking the computer-based tests.
- You can learn more about CLEP (College Level Examination Placement) on the web at www.collegeboard.com/clep. You can learn more about DSST testing at www.getcollegecredit.com.
- CLEP and DSST assumes an examinee has previous knowledge about the subject in which he/she is testing; therefore, always study from a current subject-related textbook in addition to other materials available online.
- An Examination Description can be downloaded at each website. These descriptions will break down the areas of the subject that a student should study.
- General Education and Elective credits may be earned by taking these tests. The equivalencies for Bluefield College credit can be found on the lists of tests accepted for credit at BC.
- Bluefield College students must receive permission from the assessment counselor in the Registrar’s Office for approval to take a test as substitution for a Bluefield College class.
- A student may not receive credit for an exam after college coursework has been attempted in the same area.