We are Military-Friendly

Bluefield College strives to help our service men and women obtain their Veterans Affairs educational benefits with ease.

Military Advanced Education & Transition Top Colleges & Universities 2018We want the process to be simple and clear. Below you will find links, forms, and directions to complete your application process.

Step 1

Complete the Veterans Affairs Application for Benefits.

Step 2

Download the Bluefield College Veterans Affairs Enrollment Form from Registrar Forms. Please hand-sign, scan, and email the completed form to . A BC Central representative will process your form and you will receive follow-up contact directly from Veterans Affairs. Bluefield College will only contact you if we need additional information.

Service members can receive college credit for military in training; please submit an official military transcript for evaluation for the Army, Navy, Marines, and/or Air Force.

For questions about your benefits, contact the Veterans Affairs Education Service Center Directly via phone at 888.442.4551, or view the Veterans Affairs Benefits Comparison Tool, which will help you decide which benefit will assist your education journey the most.

Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon Program is designed to improve financial aid for veterans participating in the Post 9/11 GI Bill. To be eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Yellow Ribbon Program, students must have served an aggregate 36 months of active duty after September 11, 2001, or been honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 11, 2001, or be a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

Handbook for Veterans

Learn more about our veteran-friendly online degree program, Bluefield College Online.