WE PREPARE TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERS through a challenging academic experience within a climate of diverse Christian tradition.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP in becoming a student at Bluefield College. Learn about financial aid, the admissions process, Request more information, or apply today.
Bluefield College provides our students with one convenient location to complete some essential administrative transactions.
BC Central is the consolidation of three offices: Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounts. The dedicated, supportive staff is here to answer questions, direct students to where they may get assistance if it is not our office, and provide encouragement to students along their educational journey.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Every major at Bluefield College is designed to equip you for a fulfilling life. Check out our 40+ programs of study.
STUDENTS ARE THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY. Learn everything you need to know about residence life and student services offered to students at Bluefield College.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Give to Bluefield College to support our students and facilities, and make it an even better place to learn.
GET THE BLUEFIELD COLLEGE STORY. Stay informed about what's happening on campus and the accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alumni.
In the table below, grades of P, NG, WIP, AU, DR, and W are not used in computing quality point averages.
Each individual instructor adopts a fair, consistent, and appropriate grading scale for his or her course.
*Used to determine Grade Point Average (GPA).
A grade of incomplete (“I”) may be considered when the student has completed a minimum of 75% of a course and cannot complete the remaining 25% due to extenuating circumstances. Such circumstances include illness, death, loss of job, complications with pregnancy, emergencies, and military service.
The student must submit a completed Request for Incomplete form to the instructor before the last day of the course. If the prescribed extenuating circumstances warrant an incomplete, the instructor will submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office and copy the student. The instructor must respond within two weeks of receiving the request. The Request for Incomplete Form is available on MyBC under the Student Tab. The course must be completed by midterm of the next semester or the “I” automatically changes to an “F.”
Bluefield College has an extensive Credit Hour Policy that can be viewed in the Academic Catalog.
Bluefield College has the following Academic Standings:
Note: View the Academic Catalog for detailed descriptions.
A student has the right to contest the grade given in any Bluefield College course. Please review the Grade Appeal Procedure in the current Bluefield College Academic Catalog. If the procedure is not followed, then an appeal may be denied.