The Nine Essentials
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing states there are nine Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Profession Nursing Practice. The Bluefield College School of Nursing (BC SON) embraces all the essentials. “These Essentials are the curricular elements that provide the framework of baccalaureate nursing education” (AACN, 2008, p. 10). Each essential is integrated throughout our nursing curriculum.
The nine essentials are:
- Liberal Education for Baccalaureate Educations for Professional Nursing Practice
- Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
- Scholarship for Evidenced-Based Practice
- Information Management and Application for Patient Care Technology
- Healthcare Policy, Finance, and Regulatory Environments
- Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration for Improving Patient Health Outcomes
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health
- Professionalism and Professional Values
- Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
Request More Info
Fill out the form below to receive more information about Bluefield College or call us today at 1-800-872-0176.